Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cookie Brownies

I can't take credit for this delish recipe. . credit goes to Bakerella. She makes the best sweets so I try to stay away from her stuff. . but this time I couldn't help it. I would tell you these are really difficult to make, but then I would be lying. So forget your stupid diet and go bake this amazing concoction.




Photobucket


Here is the cast of tonights show. The chocolate chips actually go with the chocolate ganache cast members, but he wanted to be in the picture so I let him.



Photobucket


Mix up the brownie mix and put it into a well-sprayed 9X13 pan. Mix up the cookies and by spoonful (or with your hand- like me) plop them into the brownie mix however you want. I'm OCD so they are perfectly symmetrical. Be SPONTANEOUS if you choose.


Photobucket
Bake for 30-45 min. at 350, or a little less if you have an impatient oven who cooks everything really fast.

For the chocolate ganache:
1 12 oz. pkg of chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter
In a saucepan heat the butter and cream together until right before it starts to boil. Add the chocolate chips and stir until it looks smooth and dark.



Photobucket


Pour the ganache over the top and follow the next step VERY CLOSELY. You must must let it sit and cool. I know it's an almost impossible task and your tastebuds might start jumping off your tongue, but trust me. Let it cool.



Photobucket


If you're like me and have a roommate who is known for "nibbling" and "testing" treats, then put up a nice sign like I did. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.



Photobucket


Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment