Friday, January 21, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

Last Thanksgiving break I went home from school and decided I wanted to bake something. We didn't have a lot of ingredients to work with in the pantry, so I decided I would make some "snickerdoodle cupcakes" Haleigh had brought over one time. I found a delicious recipe over at Bakerella, and whipped them up. These really don't take very many ingredients that you don't already have, so keep them in mind next time you need a dessert. They weren't fancy, just cinnamon-y and cream cheese-y, but my ten year old brother must've loved them. This past Thanksgiving, a year later, I called and asked him what he wanted me to bake him. Out of every chocolate chip/brownie/fudge dessert out there, he asked for these cupcakes. Everybody in my family actually likes them too, so give 'em a try!

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.

1 cup sugar

2 eggs, room temp.

1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup milk, room temp.


Preheat your oven to 350. Mix together your dry ingredients (flour, baking pwdr, cinnamon) and set it aside.


Photobucket
With a mixer, cream your butter and sugar.

Photobucket
Add eggs, one at a time. Then, add your vanilla until everything is combined.

Photobucket
Add your dry mix to your wet mix in 3 parts. In between that, add your milk in two parts. Here's how it goes: dry, milk, dry, milk, dry.


Photobucket
Line a muffin tin with liners and fill 3/4 full.
**NOTE**: I used paper liners. That was a BAD idea. See how funky they look? Use ALUMINUM ones, and they'll be much prettier.


Photobucket
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they're slightly golden on top.


Bakerella actually got her recipe from Martha Stewart, who frosted these cupcakes with a meringue type frosting. I decided a cream cheese frosting would taste better. This is what I came up with. It's a combo of ideas I found on the web and my own tastes.

8 oz of cream cheese- soft
1/2 stick of butter at room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2-2 tsp cinnamon ( I like a lot of cinnamon)
2 1/2 c powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick you want it)
First mix your cream cheese and butter. Then add vanilla and cinnamon and finally the powdered sugar.

Photobucket


Photobucket
I scooped all my frosting and put it in a plastic sandwhich bag. If you cut a small hole in the corner you can pipe it on the cupcakes really easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment