Monday, October 3, 2011

Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce

I haven't been cooking very much since moving home (every time I say this I also include TEMPORARILY.) I don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm staying here very long. My mom makes me dinner most nights...(I know I'm spoiled) haha...but I also spend my entire life studying. If I had any friends before this semester started- I certainly don't anymore because I have no social life. I did make this little dish over the weekend. The original is from Ree. She's wonderful. And no I don't know her personally, but I like using first names.

I switched up a few things as you will see if you check out the original recipe. If you decide to make this I encourage you to go off of her's as well. I like to mix it up a little....and I made a smaller amount. Here's what I used:

-1/4 cup fresh basil (I'm growing my own herbs right now- it's so fun....except I keep forgetting to water them...ooops)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil to taste
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- any kind of pasta noodles you want ( I used egg noodles because I LOVE them, but she suggests fusili/cavitappi/etc)
- 1 tbsp pesto (she made her own...but I didn't feel like buying pine nuts...I know I'm lazy)
- grape tomatos diced
-1/4-1/2 lemon (squeezed in)
- white wine to taste...in a glass too if necessary




(sorry this is not an aesthetically pleasing picture--pesto is deeelicious though)

OK- so after you chop your basil and slice up your grape tomatos, boil some water in a pot and throw your pasta in there when it's ready. While that's going.....



Put your cream and butter in a skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. A few bubbles are good, but not too many. The little gadget I'm using is a garlic press. If this garlic press was a person it would be my boyfriend. Because I love it- and I will never stop. We have an eternal bond. However, if you don't have a cool garlic press like me, you can just slice it up very thin and throw it in. After adding your pesto and basil let the sauce cook for a few minutes until it's well heated and the butter is melted.
Then squeeze in some lemon. Yumm. Lemon is good in pretty much anything.

Add your tomatos. Pour some wine in there too. Let it mix for a few minutes with the heat turned down to low.



And wa-la. The egg noodles weren't the prettiest choice (I'm also not a very good photographer!) but they tasted great.
I think next time I make it I'll add some black olives and shrooms. The legal kind of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment