Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stir Fry

Stir Fry is a "make it your own" type of dish. You can literally put whatever you want in it. Don't go around telling people I said weird stuff like nutella or grapefruit would taste good, but I'm just saying....don't feel you have to be confined to normal stir fry veggies. You also can use shrimp or beef instead of chicken. Here's how I made MY stir fry. Also- the portion size is for one person. I was just making this for myself. I definately had leftovers though.




Let your chicken marinate for at least 15 minutes. 30 minutes is ideal. You can use any kind of stir fry sauce, but I used the Kikkoman brand. It's really good and you can buy it at pretty much any grocery store. I also sprinkled garlic powder, cayenne pepper and cajun seasoning on it. (Yes- I used cajun seasoning while making asian food. I'm trying to be more multi-cultural...even in my cooking.)

Chop up yo veggies. I chose carrots, green onion, and broccoli. These are my personal favorites.

Add about 1 1/2 tbsp of oil to a pan (or wok if you have one- I sadly do not.) Chop up your chicken and throw it in there first. Add about 2 gloves of minced garlic and let it cook on medium-high heat until the chicken is almost done to your liking. You can add your veggies before the chicken is completely cooked.
Now throw all your veggies to the pan as well as more of your stir fry sauce. I'm terrible about measuring out things (ask Amy- it drives her NUTS)..anyways...I didn't measure how much stir fry sauce I put in. As you can see I just drizzled it over the top until I thought it looked good. haha Add a little bit of soy sauce too!
Let your veggies, chicken and sauce mix for about 10-15 minutes. It really does not take very long. I turned the heat down after my veggies were almost soft, put the lid on, and left it alone for a few minutes. I served mine over white rice. Brown rice works too of course.

Stir fry is vedy vedy good. You try soon?

I'm sorry for any people of asian descent that I just offended by that statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment