Monday, October 4, 2010

Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Bread

I'm ALLLIIIVVEEE! I've been MIA for a while and I have no excuse for my actions. Slap my wrists and put me in time out, ok? Before I go on to the yummy pumpkin bread I made this weekend let us have a moment of silence for the end of my favorite season, Summer. --NOT! I love Fall and I'm so glad the Texas heat is finally gone for a while. I got this recipe off of Tasty Kitchen. As we all know, my oven is culinarily challenged so I think my bread was a little too moist. Other than that--DELICIOUS! Baking this bread will ensure that your entire home smells like fall--satisfaction guaranteed. :)


Photobucket
Grease yo' loaf pan. Rub it down with shortening/Crisco and toss some flour around until it's covered.

Photobucket
Like dis.


(I had pictures of the actual recipe being made but they won't work) Boo.




Mix 3/4 c butter, 3/4 c sugar and 3/4 c brown sugar. Add 4 whole eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Then add in 2 1/2 c pumpkin puree (found on the baking aisle.) In a separate bowl mix your dry ingredients: 3 c flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground ginger. There were some other weird ingredients like cardamom, but I decided to skip out since I'd never heard of it. haha



Photobucket
Don't tell me what you think it looks like. I know.

Photobucket
Add half your flour mix to your orange mix and beat well. Add the other half, as well as 1/2 c buttermilk. Beat until smooooooooth.


Photobucket
For the streusel topping:
-1/4 c butter, softened
-1/2 c brown sugar
-1/4 c oatmeal
-1/4 c flour
-1 tsp cinnamon
-3 Tbs ground flaxseed (my roommate makes smoothies out of this stuff-only reason why I have it! ha)
-1/4 c chopped pecans- optional (I skipped out. . not a pecan fan)
Mix these ingredients together in a food processor or with a fork like I did.

Pour your mixture into 2 greased loaf pans and sprinkle half the streusel topping on each one. Bake for 70-80 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tastes even betta with some butta on top.

Photobucket
I had some extra so I made muffins. Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment