Monday, October 4, 2010

Double T Cookies

I'm pretty excited about this post. Who doesn't want to eat a cookie shaped as a Double T? OK-maybe if you aren't a Tech fan you don't have a desire to eat anything in the shape of a Double T, but the cookies are quite delicious in whatever shape you want. I might add that they taste extra delicious shaped as a Double T.

This is one of my mom's friends sugar cookie recipe with lemon frosting. I say the frosting is lemon, but it's not too lemony if you aren't a lemon fan. I made these for the Tech vs. Iowa game on Saturday and they were a big hit.
Photobucket
The only inconvenient part of this recipe is you have to make the dough the night before and let it chill overnight. No big deal unless you need a dessert really fast. Letting your dough sit next to sugar free pudding makes it extra moist. ;) Okay, for the dough:
First mix your dry ingredients.
-3 1/2 c flour
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
Then cream together:
- 1 c shortening
-1 1/2 c sugar
-2 eggs
Add the two mixes together, as well as 1 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/4 c milk.

Photobucket
Now the fun part. My friend Haleigh has this cute Double T cookie cutter that I had been eye-balling for quite some time. She went out of town so I took the liberty of stealing it. Thanks Haleigh!

Photobucket
Roll out your dough. Make sure you flour your rolling pin (if you use one), your hands and the surface you're working on. It makes the dough less likely to stick.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Put them on a greased pan and bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes at 375. They don't take long to bake-don't let them burn!

After the cookies have cooled, you can frost them. The frosting consists of:
-1 pkg of powdered sugar
-1 stick melted margarine
- 1/4 c. milk
-1 1/4 t. lemon flavoring
-red food coloring

Photobucket

Photobucket
YAY! I'm pretty sure not even Aggies or Longhorns can deny how pretty these cookies are.

***WARNING***
By sprinkling cookies with black sprinkles, your teeth WILL have a blackish tint. Just thought I'd add that.

Wreck 'em Tech :)

4 comments:

  1. Where did your friend find that cutter? I'll drive to Lubbock if I have too! Lol;-) seriously, if you could find out that would be great! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I have been looking for that cookie cutter for forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gourmet Pantry in Lubbock, TX carries the copper Texas Tech cookie cutter

    ReplyDelete
  4. They can ship it to you too if you don't live in Lubbock!

    ReplyDelete